8 Friend verses

If you come over to my place
and see dust an inch thick,
dirty laundry and ironing
piled high, blame it all on
my mother. She always told
me "If you can't do a good
job right, don't do it at all."

*******

I like being with you!
We can talk about all
kinds of things....
...and none of them
are "for my own good."

*******

You've been my friend in good
times and bad, stayed by me when
I was sick, and remained loyal
when I was rich and not-so rich...
We might as well be married.

*******

Thanks for lending an ear...
...and keeping a straight face.

*******

May you always find three
welcomes in life: In a garden
during summer, At a fireside
during winter, And whatever
the day or season, In the kind
eyes of a friend.

*******

I'm so glad you are here...
it helps me to realize how
beautiful my world is.

*******

I thank God, my friend,
for the blessing you are...
for the joy of your laughter...
the comfort of your prayers...
and the warmth of your smile.

*******

May your neighbors respect you,
troubles neglect you, the angels
protect you, and the heavensaccept you.

No comments: